Monday, March 23, 2015

Moab Madness And Other Adventures

Sunday nights always seem to be a little melancholy. I tend to stare at my pictures from the carefree days before, stocking up on serotonin to get me through the midterms that never seem to end. Aren't they supposed to end eventually? When does the recess bell ring so I can go outside and hang on the monkey bars and pretend to be a sloth?

/// Weekends. The recess of a college student. ///

And seeing that it is much too late to right anything witty or charming or innovative, I am going the lazy just-paste-pictures-with-stupid-captions approach. Enjoy.

*And we all know how lazy I really am because I didn't finish this on Sunday night.  I even procrastinate on blog writing.*

Night mountain biking. Some suggest that this is dangerous but being bored and sad is also dangerous. You win some, you lose some.

Taking a picture of my shoes so I have an excuse to rest my aching bones while running. 

Getting up to the top of the trail and realizing that I have to run all the way back. (This is when I could benefit from having a boyfriend to come pick me up and buy me an ice cream.)

MOAB! I swear Elise is not nude in this picture. We went swimming in the Colorado. And it was deliciously cold.

Moab is Disneyland without lines or screaming children or overpriced Gumbo.

BECKSTEAD turned 21! This meant that we ate mildly gross Peruvian food, bought her a cat onesie, cracked eggs on her head and shoved her face in the cake. Peruvian culture is the best culture.

So majestic. This girl is the best sport ever. She was one of the biggest examples to me on the mission and I feel so incredibly blessed to still be her friend. Have her do her Penelope impression from SNL. She really is the Cat's Pajamas.

You know it will be a good Friday when your car has skis and a bike in the back. #blessed

My Father came out to see me again! He is just recently getting into the Chuck Norris jokes...I know I know, he is about 7 years late, that bandwagon set off when I was a sophomore in High school. 

GO TO DRAPER UTAH TO MOUNTAIN BIKE. Take the "Rush" trail because it is so so so so fun. Banked turns, jumps, and it's one-way on the downhill so you don't have to worry about collisions. And the dirt is PURR-FECT right now. Go go go! 

Sometimes people ask me if I get tired of my parents coming to Utah so often. I just stare at them and shake my head..."You just don't have a Shane and Sandy for parents so you don't understand." 

Evidence of the before mentioned: My Dad helped me attach pink, sparkly streamers on my mountain bike's handlebars. Only the pros do it. 

I have decided that there should be a new TLC show called "Camp Fire Wars: People Duking It Out Over Which Method Is Best." I have also decided that people don't understand the No-Judge Zone when it comes to quantities of A1 sauce. There is no such thing as too much A1 sauce on anything, especially tinfoil dinners.

Breakfast for dinner with the grandparents. Watching every PBS period drama ever made. Snoozing to Antiques Roadshow. Sunday Paradise.

Suggestion for those going to Moab to mountain bike. Check out the "Bar-M" trail system. It's just off the highway before you reach the town limits. This place is rad. It's fantastic for all skill levels and is just so so so fun.

According to this picture Mat and Camren are Siamese twins. If Moab is Disneyland, "Slickrock" is Space Mountain. It is the reason why you even go in the first place. It's also a great place to leave with giant bruises all over and if you're Mat, heat stroke from eating too many salted almonds and not enough water. 

Hooray for weekends! Sleeping under the stars, watching shooting stars, never brushing your hair, living like a gypsy. It's the good life. 
Now it's time to buckle down, put my nose to the grindstone, and work as hard as I can at school because the weekend will be here in 5 days. The countdown begins.

4 comments:

  1. Wait, this isn't all from one weekend, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'd be impressed if I said yes, right?

    But no. It's from two weekends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES! I made Ostler's blog. This is a momentous occasion! Thanks for making my wildest dreams come true. And being so nice about me on your blog! Love you! meow meow

    ReplyDelete