Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Birthdays And Lots Of Meat

The Compassionate Service Committee came over to my house tonight. I stumbled out of my room looking like a pajama party gone wrong; fuzzy socks, mismatched plaid, and bra-less. They proceeded to give me candy (!!!!) and a rose (whoooocaarreeessss?) and I then proceeded to eat the entire bag...in under five minutes. I blame it on the midterm blues.

But my gluttony is not important because today is a special day. Over two decades ago the cutest, sweetest, funniest set of twins were born. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALEX AND SYDNEY! 

When we were babies.
I remember the first time I saw that curly headed, short, irresistibly likable duo. It was the summer of 2011 and we were in the same orientation group for BYU. I was probably wearing short shorts and being angsty because I had to leave my boyfriend for the summer. I was lounging on the grass with our group, a little disturbed by the eclectic array of people there. One of the girls wanted to be a coroner who literally looked like a corpse herself, and one that hadn't seen the light in 78 years. I was thinking that I would never be able to find some good friends who weren't obsessed with dead bodies when I saw two beautiful creatures come mincing in; Alex and Sydney. 

And that is how the friendship started. 


Thanks Alex and Sydney for being a ray of sunshine for everyone that comes in your path. You're the very best and I love you both to smithereens. You truly are such Christ-like people and I admire you both so much. And let's be honest, you're so quirky and nerdy and strange....we're like four peas in a pod (with Elise). I hope you had a fantastic birthday!!

 ...................

To celebrate this huge occasion we splurged and went to Tucanos. My oh my oh me. This place is INSANE. It's a Brazilian grill where they serve you all-you-can-eat meat right off the skillet. We sat down and Sydney said to me, "this place is your best dream and worst nightmare put together." Pshhhh. It's an all you can eat meat place! Waiters come every half second to give you more meat! Bacon wrapped pork loin! Teriyaki steak! Parmesan chicken! Hot wings! Grilled pineapple! How can this place be compared, even in a joke, to a nightmare?

Well. It can.

MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT. It was like it wouldn't stop. I was stuck in a labyrinth of meat and couldn't escape. Get me out of here before I burst! Have mercy! No more meat!

We luckily made it out alive but that one guy who was dining by himself a couple tables down......He might still be there, finding solace in the endless meat platters.

The green side up meant that we wanted more meat. The panic when my fingers were too slimy  to turn it to the red side! 


Besos y felicidad, Alex y Sydney. 


No comments:

Post a Comment