Wednesday, February 26, 2014

CUSCOOOO

 Hermana Ostler’s Update – February 18, 2014
  
HEY! 

I went to Cusco (IN A PLANE. I AM A PRINCESS.) to pick up my new compy. World... meet Hermana Sanchez from Honduras! She is really awesome. She is a little confused at all the weird things I do… Like, every morning I wake up, open the window, and scream GOOD MORNING PUERTO or CUSCO or wherever I am. It’s become a habit, I’m not sure why... But yes, I love my companion. 

We went to Cusco and then couldn’t come back. Something like the entire highway fell into the river. I mean, its Peru, right? This meant I was in Cusco without clothes (especially for the cold), deodorant (mistake), or garments (bigger mistake.) THIS WAS FOR A WEEK, mind you. But thanks to my woman, Hermana Sheets (our dads are Air Force buds, what?), I was well taken care of. 

I also got electrocuted while contacting in Cusco. The doorbell zapped me so hard that I couldn’t even control my t-rex arms. (My arms naturally hang in a t-rex position, I have to consciously think about having them by my sides to not walk around like a dino.) But after being shocked (and maybe saying a curse word in english?) I had to walk around like a dino for the entire day. I have great luck. 
Electrocuted T-Rex arm

Also, we finally got back to Puerto. Eleven missionaries crammed into a minivan and made the trip. EVERYONE was throwing up and I was just laughing and laughing and taking pictures. It was great. 

I also missed seeing the wedding of my investigators because I was stuck in Cusco. That broke my heart. I cried and cried. I worked so hard for these people to get married and I couldn’t even be there! I love them so much and I am so grateful that I got to help them. Their baptism is this week. I am so grateful that I was given the gift to love so much. I really do love people. I love them. 

And I love you all!



Hermana Alex

New companion: Hermana Sanchez

Hermana Sheets loaning me some clothes!



This is Ernesto. He wants to read the Book of Mormon so badly, but is blind. An inspiration to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment