Thursday, April 11, 2013

Fell Into A Depression And Then Crawled Out

If you have seen a monster in a filthy sweater scuttling around campus today, do not fear. It was only me in a disarrayed state that one can only describe as karma for being a chronic procrastinator. I have written about 50 pages worth of essays in the last twenty four hours, tried to understand physiology, and crammed hours of volunteer work in for my abnormal psychology class. How did I think 22 hours of service at the USH would fit into a span of a week and a half?!? HOW?!?
Before you pity me, remember that I totally deserve this pain. 
It's easy to fall into a depression in this situation, especially when even the vending machine denied your request for Swedish Fish. But do not fear, POSITIVITY is here! As I stared at my essay that needs a table of contents because it's that long, I realized how blessed I am. I have the opportunity to go to school!  And no one can stop me from wearing the same pants three days in a row because I live in America where it's completely legal to be a slob of a woman. Hip Hip Hooray for rights!

Also, I get to go on ADVENTURES on the daily in conjunction with receiving an education. 
That's pretty blessed. 

Skiing The Bird in da fluffy goodness Utah is famous for. 
Walking to school and creepily smelling the blossoms. 
If you happen to be in Provo-town please go to the Banana Leaf. The passion between my taste buds and the Tikka Masala.... 
Seeing a picture of my niece for the first time. Definitely inherited my propensity for a shiny forehead. 
Shopping for mission attire. And does anybody else hate it when you're the only one who is trying to look good in a picture? Makes me blush every time. 
Conference with my future SISTER MISSIONARY. Cusco Peru here we come!

Rock climbing with my main peeps. 
So be happy! The time to feel joy is this moment. Or after I finish this stupid essay....

No comments:

Post a Comment