Wednesday, December 31, 2014

NYE- Sober, At Home, And With Mr Darcy

My oh my. Don't you just love New Years Eve? A time to get all glammed up, see equally attractive friends, take pretty Instagram pictures holding bubbly beverages, celebrate the old, welcome in the new. It's a time for glitter and giddiness and who knows...maybe a passionate kiss from an incredibly handsome mystery man?

I guess that is one option.

As for me, the Empress of social hermitage, I am at home, bra-less, and blogging.

But! I am re-reading my ALL TIME FAVORITE book, Pride and Prejudice. Who needs a drunken debauchery when you can have fuzzy socks on and read about a chaste, slow-paced, love affair with Mr Darcy?

Some people unacquainted with my recluse-like tendencies may say that it is natural for a recently returned missionary to shy away from youthful and lively entertainment. But these hypothetical people do not understand my New Years Eve history. People. I have NEVER gotten a NYE kiss. I have never been to a real NYE party. And it is a rare occasion that I even make it to the New Year. Let's all face the facts, you hypothetical and overly optimistic , uninformed people.... I am just not New Years Eve material.

So. Happy New Years! 2014 was the kind of year that has no equal. I went from living in the jungle to the high mountains of Cusco to rainy Oregon. There were adventures and laughter and many loserish moments. There were also times when my "soul did expand...and sing redeeming love." (Alma 5:9) It was a year of dedication and consecration and pure bliss as I preached the gospel of Jesus Christ. 2014 was the best year I've had yet.

Welcome 2015! You won't be starting off with an ardent kiss or a festive social gathering, but you're with Mr Darcy and in pajamas... Great things await you Alex! School, skiing, climbing, Netflix Instant Play... And practicing for spinsterhood.

Bring it 2015.

Pita Pit Madness. NYE with The Ostler Family.

No comments:

Post a Comment